The Joomla! Project consists of all of the people who make and support the Joomla! Web Platform and Content Management System.
Our mission is to provide a flexible platform for digital publishing and collaboration.
The core values are:
In our vision, we see:
- People publishing and collaborating in their communities and around the world
- Software that is free, secure, and high-quality
- A community that is enjoyable and rewarding to participate in
- People around the world using their preferred languages
- A project that acts autonomously
- A project that is socially responsible
- A project dedicated to maintaining the trust of its users
There are millions of users around the world and thousands of people who contribute to the Joomla! Project. They work in three main groups: the Production Working Group, responsible for everything that goes into software and documentation; the Community Working Group, responsible for creating a nurturing the community; and Open Source Matters, the non profit organization responsible for managing legal, financial and organizational issues.
Joomla! is a free and open source project, which uses the GNU General Public License version 2 or later.
With Joomla! You can create anything from a simple personal website to a complex ecommerce or social site with millions of visitors.
This section of the sample data provides you with a brief introduction to Joomla! concepts and reference material to help you understand how Joomla! works.
When you no longer need the sample data, you can can simply unpublish the sample data category found within each extension in the site administrator or you may completely delete each item and all of the categories.